At Tran Sood Law Firm, APLC, we guide inexperienced executors through the probate process from start to finish. Our skills and experience will help you minimize disputes and exposure to personal liability as you perform your executor’s duties. We also assist executors in managing conflicts with heirs and disinherited heirs, which is as important as navigating the probate process.
An executor’s job is not just about collecting and distributing assets to the heirs. Settling an estate can be a complicated and time-consuming process that can last from few months to several years. It can mean a deluge of responsibilities such as finding, identifying, collecting, managing and selling assets; determining and paying debts and taxes; accounting for expenses and income; and dealing with discontent heirs.
Moreover, many heirs are not familiar with the probate process. Heirs often become suspicious of actions taken or not taken by an executor. Thus, overcoming an heir’s suspicion and accusation is another difficult dynamic in the probate process an executor must face. All too often, mismanaged and unresolved conflicts lead to deeper mistrust and litigation against the executor. With Tran Sood Law Firm’s guidance, the many challenges and conflicts arise during the probate process can be amicably resolved before they fester into protracted litigation.
Contact us for a consultation if any of the following applies:
- Heir accuses you of selling assets below market value.
- Heir claims that a will or codicil is not valid.
- Heirs dispute with each other over distributions.
- Heir accuses you of favoritism.
- Heir accuses you of paying yourself excessive compensation.
- Heir accuses you of misusing estate assets.
- Heir wants to replace you as an executor.
- Heir or disinherited heir accuses you of unduly influencing the decedent to change the will or name you as executor.