A spouse, child or any heir who receives nothing under a will, trust, or other estate planning means, may have remedies to claim his or her inheritance. At Tran Sood Law Firm, APLC, we have the skills and expertise in representing the interests of disinherited heirs. Our attorneys are dedicated to maximizing clients’ options and strategies, and working collaboratively with families to achieve mutually beneficial solutions to the inheritance disputes while minimizing, if not eliminating, the needs for litigation.
Disinheritance can cause deep and lasting intra-family rifts among those who are named as beneficiaries and others who are not mentioned. These conflicts, if not probably managed and resolved, often escalate into litigation; thereby, making the situations worse, adding even more resentments and ill wills to the volatile situation.
Thus, at Tran Sood Law Firm, we are committed to handling and settling inheritance disputes effectively and efficiently, with special emphasis on preserving family relationships, legacies, and assets for the collective family’s benefits.
Contact us for a consultation if any of the following applies:
- The will or trust was created before you were married and your spouse died before changing the will or trust.
- The will or trust was created before you were born and your parents died before changing the will or trust.
- Your parent or spouse expressly disinherited you from the will or trust.
- Your parent or spouse changed the will or trust and your share is reduced or eliminated in the new document.
- You and your ex-spouse have a disabled child but the ex-spouse died leaving all of his or her assets to the current spouse and nothing for the continuing care of the disabled child.
- Your ex-spouse has child support obligations but dies leaving all of his or her assets to the current spouse and nothing for the continuing care of the minor children.